A wrongful death lawyer Newport Beach CA residents trust understands how emotionally and financially devastating the accidental death of a loved one can be.
In the aftermath of tragic, fatal accidents caused by others’ negligence or recklessness, family members left behind face overwhelming challenges. Grief for a spouse, parent, child, or sibling may seem impossible to overcome. Making decisions and moving forward in life are extremely difficult in the face of many unanswered questions and, often, great financial uncertainty.
At BRUNO│NALU, we know that no amount of monetary damages will ever make up for the tragic loss of your loved one. However, those responsible may be responsible for paying those damages as a way to help alleviate the financial burdens that your loved one’s death has left.
What Can a Wrongful Death Lawyer Newport Beach CA Provides Do for My Family?
When another party has caused the death of someone because of negligent or reckless behavior, the state of California allows the victim’s survivors to sue the at-fault party for damages. Survivors can bring a wrongful death lawsuit — which is filed in civil court — whether or not there have been criminal charges filed against the at-fault party.
Under California tort law, there is a two-year statute of limitation to file a wrongful death claim in most cases, however, there are some exceptions, such as if the at-fault party was connected to a government entity. A wrongful death lawyer Newport Beach CA clients depend on can evaluate your case to see if your family may file. The law generally allows the following individuals to file a claim:
- The victim’s spouse or domestic partner (if partnership was registered)
- The victim’s children or the victim’s grandchildren if there are no living children
- In cases where there are no spouses, partners or children of the victim, the law states that anyone “who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession” may file a claim. This could include the victim’s parents or siblings
- A spouse, children, parents, or stepchildren if they can prove they were financially dependent on the victim
There are several different types of damages that a victim’s survivors may seek in a wrongful death claim. These damages may include:
- All medical expenses incurred for treatment of the injury or illness that resulted from the incident.
- Funeral and burial costs.
- The loss of income the victim would have provided to his or her family. This also includes benefits the victim may have provided to the family, as well as potential income the victim would have likely earned had they not been killed.
- Household services value the victim provided the family. For example, a stay-at-home spouse/parent who cleaned the house, cooked meals, and took care of the children.
- Value of gifts the victim would have given to the survivors.
- The loss of the victim’s affection, assistance, care, comfort, companionship, love, moral support, protection, and society the survivors have suffered.
- Loss of consortium for spouses or domestic partners.
- The loss of the guidance the victim would have provided his or her child.
Pursuing Every Dollar Available to Compensate Grieving Family Members
These families deserve genuine compassion and answers about what happened. They also deserve every dollar of compensation available under the law. With only one chance to pursue wrongful death litigation that can restore stability and hope for the future to some degree, their wrongful death lawyer in Newport Beach CA must be dedicated, dynamic and absolutely trial-ready.
Settlements and verdicts in wrongful death cases vary across an incredibly wide range. This is due to more factors than it is possible to list — but one major factor is certainly the effectiveness of plaintiff’s trial counsel and supporting legal team. At BRUNO│NALU, we have that covered. Attorney Keith Bruno, who has argued more than 100 cases before juries, and our entire trial team are committed to building every case we pursue for victory in court.
A Trial Team Ready to Reward Your Trust in Us Is One Call Away
Other established lawyers refer complex, high-value injury and fatal injury cases to our firm because they know we will do everything in our power to win for our clients and maximize the damages that juries award. After a fatal car accident or another roadway crash caused by negligence, a death caused by a defective product, or any such tragedy, our lawyers will make it their mission to bring forth the evidence that a jury needs to bring back a sizable verdict in our client’s favor.
If you are a fellow attorney looking for trial counsel to take on a wrongful death case or a bereaved family member interested in our services at BRUNO│NALU, we invite you to contact us and schedule a consultation.
Let a Wrongful Death Lawyer Newport Beach CA Trusts Fight for You
If you have lost a loved one because of the negligence or recklessness of another party, you need a Newport wrongful death lawyer vigorously advocating for you against those who are responsible. The skilled lawyers at BRUNO│NALU are available to discuss your case and explain what legal recourse is available to you. Our firm has successfully represented many victims’ families.
Contact a dedicated wrongful death lawyer Newport Beach CA clients depend on at 949.988.0932, or fill out the contact form available on our website.