If your baby suffered a birth injury, you may want to consult with a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA trusts. At BRUNO│NALU, we know how devastating it is to have a baby with a birth injury and we want to help you get justice. With a trusted lawyer on your side, you may be more likely to win fair compensation for your baby’s injury.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
Many birth injuries these days are caused by medical mistakes. These mistakes might not be intentional, but they can still do a lot of damage to an infant. If your baby was born with any of the following injuries, you may want to consider speaking with a birth injury lawyer in Newport Beach CA:
- Perinatal Asphyxia: This conditions results when a newborn baby does not receive adequate oxygen. Perinatal asphyxia can lead to some serious complications, such as seizures, labored breathing and coma.
- Facial Paralysis: This injury temporarily or permanently damages the facial nerve. One of the most common symptoms is lack of control over facial muscles. In most cases, this injury resolves itself over time.
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral palsy is one of the most serious birth injuries a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA respects could see, primarily because there is no known cure. If a child develops cerebral palsy, he or she may experience muscle spasms and lack motor skills.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: When the spine gets injured during delivery, it can lead to paralysis, neurological issues and even death. These injuries are more likely to occur if a surgeon or other medical professional performs serious misconduct, such as incorrectly using forceps or vacuum extraction incorrectly.
- Caput Succedaneum: Typically caused by excessive pressure during delivery, this injury leads to swelling and bruising of the scalp. Fortunately, this injury usually heals on its own.
- Spina Bifida: If the embryonic neural tube does not seal itself before birth, spina bifida can result. If a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA relies on can prove that a doctor failed to detect this condition in an ultrasound, the parent may be able to sue for compensation.
Addressing The Lifelong Costs And Hardship That Malpractice Victims Face
Helping a child with cerebral palsy, another form of brain damage, Erb’s palsy or another disabling condition to live the fullest life possible can easily require millions of dollars as well as parents’ constant dedication. When medical malpractice during labor and delivery or negligence in providing prenatal care has caused such hardships, a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA can provide, such as one from BRUNO│NALU, may attack the case with zeal and relentless determination.
It would be difficult to overstate how rigorously doctors, hospitals, insurers and their lawyers defend against medical malpractice allegations. Reasonable settlement offers are rare unless a loss at trial appears imminent or highly likely. Attorney Keith Bruno’s track record in more than 100 jury trials ensures that your case will be presented with maximum effectiveness and passion.
What Is the Statute of Limitations?
The statute of limitations to file a birth injury lawsuit in California depends on a number of factors, such as who is bringing the lawsuit and whether or not a public hospital is involved in the lawsuit. If a child has serious injuries, the parents have until their 8th birthday to file a lawsuit with the assistance of a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA counts on. However, if the birth injury occurred in a hospital that is part of the public healthcare district, the statute to file a lawsuit may be as short as six months.
To avoid losing your right to file a lawsuit, it may be in your best interest to talk to a Newport Beach birth injury lawyer as soon as possible. He or she may review your case and get the process started right away.
Relentless Drive To Win · A Reputation That Other Law Firms Value
Other accomplished attorneys turn to BRUNO│NALU because of our commitment to delivering the utmost in qualified trial advocacy and the maximum attainable recovery. We assess the case, identify issues and optimal experts, build the case and go to court to win. Suffering and grieving clients can count on compassionate, dedicated support every step of the way from our client-centered legal team.
Few events in life cause greater pain for parents than the tragic loss of an expected child or the realization that a newborn baby has suffered permanent, life-altering injuries. Some fetal deaths and severe birth injuries cannot be prevented, but others demand the utmost in intensive investigation and decisive legal action to recover just financial compensation.
To discuss a birth injury case with a birth injury lawyer Newport Beach CA families trust, we invite you to call or email us anytime.